“Enhancing Resources and Increasing Capacities of Poor Households (ENRICH)” Program is a holistic approach to address the multidimensional poverty. The comprehensive approach for the development of ENRICH program comprises almost all the vital sectors that contribute the best to build up a more sustainable, healthier, safer and more prosperous society through encouraging and facilitating the poor to take part in the development practices with dignity and liberty.
Ghashful has been implementing the ENRICH program in Mekhal union of Hathazari Upazila under Chattogram district since 1st July 2013. In October 2015, the program has been extended at Guman Mardan union of the same Upazila. Funded by Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF), the ENRICH program focuses on overall household development through the best possible utilization and enhancement of their existing resources and capabilities.
Major Activities of the Program
- Health service delivery (Nutrition, general health, eye care, de-worming)
- Education support (Evening Learning Centre)
- Establishment of সমৃদ্ধ বাড়ি (ENRICH House)
- Access to Finance (ENRICH Loan)
- Beggars’ Rehabilitation activities
- Rural infrastructure development activities (Construct culvert, bamboo and wooden bridges, install sanitary latrine, install tube well, ICS, Solar system panel, biogas plant, etc.)
- Value chain development activities (cultivation of Bashak plant- a medicinal plant)
- Sustainable income-generating activities
- Development activities for youth and for elderly
- Social Advocacy and knowledge dissemination activities