“Establish child rights, hazardous free working environment through education and vocational training (CHWEVT)” project supported by Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) has been completed on 30th June 2018. In its continuation, Ghashful celebrated World Day against Child Labour 2019 with due dignity by holding a human chain and press conference at the Press Club on 12 June 2019 and arranged a Seminar and Round table meeting at Caritas Auditorium on 1 July 2019 and 12 June 2020. Even in the COVID 19 situation, Ghashful organized zoom Conference meetings to observe World day against Child Labour 2020 with due dignity. Besides Ghashful plays an important role in the divisional level committees District Child Labour Welfare Council (DCLWC) and district committees District Child Rights Monitoring Forum-(DCRMF) that exist at the government level. The scope and research of child labour in Chattogram is now included in the curriculum as a subject in some universities, especially in the Premier University and Independent University which is very commendable about child labour.
- To withdraw children from GoB listed hazardous workplaces.
- To create conducive working environment for the working children who
- are lawfully eligible to work in non-hazardous works.
- To protect vulnerable children entering into labour market.
- Day Observance 12 June: World Day against Child Labour Elimination –
- Advocacy on Child Protection
- Awareness on conducive working environment for the working children who are lawfully eligible to work in non-hazardous works.
- Strengthen World Day against Child Labour Elimination Parishod, Chattogram.
GHASHFUL CHILD BANKING
Through this service, Ghashful ensures that all children belonging to the underprivileged population are covered in banking channel.
Target population: Under privileged Children
Working Area : Chattogram City Corporation
Partner Banks :
- Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd,
- First Security Islami Bank Ltd,
- Janata Bank Ltd,
- Agrani Bank Ltd,
- Bank Asia Ltd,
- The Premier Bank Ltd.,
- The Dutch Bangla Bank Ltd
- United Commercial Bank Ltd,
- Standard Bank Ltd,
- Social Islami Bank Ltd
- Sonali Bank Ltd.