Protecting Human Rights (PHR) Project
Ghashful implemented Protecting Human Rights (PHR) project, initiating on 2012 with the support from Plan Bangladesh and USAID. This project’s area was Patiya Upazilla of Chattogram district. USAID and Plan Bangladesh provided grant support while BNWLA provided legal support in this project. In light of the findings of this study conducted by USAID on Democracy and Good Governance (2009), Plan Bangladesh with its partner NGOs implemented this project with the objective of reducing domestic violence and ensure human rights. The project had been completed in December 2016 successfully.
Major activities under PHR project are as follows:
- Advocacy meetings at Union Parishad level;
- Advocacy meeting with District Legal Aid Committee (DLAC), Chattogram.
- Mass awareness and educational campaign—meeting with school teachers and management
- committee, teachers training;
- Court-yard meeting;
- Support to survivor’s psycho-social counselling;
- Youth group activity—youth group engagement meeting;
- School outreach program—study circle;
- Advocacy training to combat domestic violence and human rights abuse;
- Day celebration through public events at localities